Website Retail Media
Retail Media, Australia’s premier publisher of leading trade publications Retail World and Convenience World, is looking to appoint a full-time journalist in Sydney, NSW.
Working with Australia’s successful FMCG grocery brands, you will be an integral part of their communication to retailers nationally in Retail World and Convenience World magazines.
This is your chance to work for a recognised leader of business publishing.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment where motivated and skilled individuals can grow, succeed and thrive.
You will report directly to the Managing Editor, and work closely with the editorial and sales teams.
As a journalist, your primary role will be that of feature writer, where you will be responsible for completing a number of features that have strict deadlines.
You will work from the head office in North Parramatta (Sydney).
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide and source quality and trusted content for the magazines and e-newsletters within deadlines.
- Identify new editorial opportunities relevant to the publications.
- Interview and cultivate relationships with stakeholders across the FMCG, grocery, and petrol and convenience markets.
- Attend industry conferences, launches and functions. Take and source photo opportunities.
- Work within company policies and procedures and undertake other duties as may be directed from time to time.
- Comply with Retail Media’s occupational health and safety policies.
Person Specification: knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience as a journalist.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Strategic thinking and negotiation skills.
- High-level attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting interests, including editorial integrity.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Highly motivated and proactive approach to work with a desire to achieve excellent results.
- Understanding of, or keen interest, in the Australian grocery and FMCG sectors.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with all clients.
- Excellent written and persuasive communication skills, including an ability to create and deliver convincing arguments in writing.
- Amendable to change and a team player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Please forward letter of interest and CV for review to:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com