The new app, Counter, is available through Apple’s App Store, and allows retailers to perform full and partial inventory counts, as well as process product deliveries and transfers using their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
The app is aimed at retail store owners, warehouse managers and stock room supervisors, and seeks to streamline counting inventory by reducing manual work for retailers.
“I don’t think I’ve ever met a retailer who enjoys doing inventory counts,” founder and Chief Product Officer at Vend Vaughan Rowsell said. “They usually involve late nights, long hours and a lot of errors and backtracking. Many stores are still using pen and paper to do their stocktaking, which is just crazy – store-owners and managers are busy and counting all their products manually takes a huge amount of time out of the business. We really want to change that.”
Counter allows you to:
- Scan inventory item barcode labels or UPCs using your device’s built-in camera.
- Make use of scan options, including hover, continuous and auto-next for fast and easy scanning.
- Edit barcodes, product names and quantities as you scan to quickly update product details.
- Manually add items if barcode is damaged or missing.
- Create and manage unlimited counts.
- Place an automatic time stamp on each count so you can stop or start scanning whenever you need to.
- Email your counts in CSV file format and easily import them to your POS system to keep all of your product and inventory information up to date.